Lean Six Sigma Curriculum for Mobile High School Students of Alabama
A company must employ the correct tools and methodologies to remain relevant and provide the best products and services. Regardless of their industry or specialty, all companies value LSS as it has proven to be a method that can boost any process and system as long as it is properly implemented. Our company, Lean Six Sigma Curriculum for Mobile High School Students of Alabama, knows best. We worry about teaching it to students and business professionals so that they can add value to their curriculums and be the practitioners all the companies and institutions need to bring improvement and growth their way.
The Lean 6 Sigma methodology is not new, and since its inception in the late 80s, it has been extensively used. This is due to how efficient it is in today’s business environment and the ease with which individuals can implement it into their daily lives and projects.
LSS is a methodology focused on process improvement by eliminating waste and variations, but this is only the tip of the iceberg in terms of what you can do with it.
Now, you won’t find it easy to use even if you learn concepts and the basics around how LSS works because its implementation and how it should be done requires understanding needs and goals and a lot of practice.
Let’s assume process improvement is the primary goal. But, to reach it, companies need to work on other goals, such as measuring current processes, eliminating waste, and focusing on what is really needed while worrying about customer satisfaction.
Six Sigma is a highly effective but difficult-to-implement process in a business, and when you translate this to utilizing it in your daily projects or activities, you can understand the difficulty when “customizing” the steps.
Knowing how to combine them to get the desired results is key. Many companies that offer services to plan strategies will not be able to adapt to you and your goals if they only know the basics about Sigma and are unable to know how each part of the structure works.
Thus, if you are a company or organization, make sure you hire reliable and qualified professionals. It is possible to train your employees in it as well, and we highly recommend doing so since you will be able to build an entire group capable of bringing change and improvement.
Our goal at Lean Six Sigma Curriculum Pros of Mobile is to open all the options for you to train your team. But more than that, we help students and professionals get all the knowledge they need to add value to their curriculums to achieve their future goals and utilize LSS in every job and task they have.
How can we do it? We offer these services:
- Training in Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training.
- Lean Six Sigma Certification.
- LSS for High Schools.
- LSS for community college.
- Additional Leadership Excellence and Innovation Consulting.
How Was Lean Six Sigma Created?
LSS is a technology that has been around since the 1980s, as we mentioned earlier. The reasons and processes for creating LSS are not covered by most articles, nor even the company that tends to offer a service related to it. However, we wanted to change this.
Lean Six Sigma isn’t what people think. First, it is a combination of Lean and Six Sigma methods and was created to rival the Japanese Kaizen process improvement method.
How can you choose LSS over the other two methodologies when it is basically a combination? This is a valid question considering that both Six Sigma and Lean are great methodologies to implement individually. However, they are not as comprehensive as LSS.
It is therefore important to understand Six Sigma and Lean’s principles and elements to create the most relevant and effective process improvement method, which led to LSS in the end. In addition, LSS involves more principles and goals compared to the other two individually, and this is because it gets the best of them, but it also makes sure to fill gaps, so better results are achieved.
However, in order to understand the entire point of Sigma, we need to answer two questions now:
- What is Lean?
- What is Six Sigma?
Lean, which is the first, focuses primarily on reducing waste and helping businesses and companies increase production and efficiency. To use this methodology and all its principles, a company must understand its processes and be able to predict what can happen based on the data experts collect and analyze.
What does Lean mean by “waste” in your production process? Any element, talent, or material causes delays or lowers efficiency and increases production costs. This can lead to more variants as it isn’t only related to items.
Companies must recognize that there are eight types of waste they must manage. The main four include overproduction, defective transportation, waiting, and unutilized talent. You can identify the same kind of waste in your own processes and steps.
Moving on to Six Sigma: What does it do when Lean is primarily focused on waste? Let’s focus on one important point: Variations. Six Sigma provides tools and principles to reduce variation and help businesses obtain the products or services they want for their clients, while students and professionals can utilize it in order to reduce the steps that lead them to more delay as well. This allows them to efficiently and effectively get the results they require and want.
It is necessary to identify and address the root causes of problems for this. This is why the special emphasis is on problem-solving.
6 Sigma allows companies to eliminate variations by following the DMAIC method: Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control.
Lean Six Sigma adapts the entire DMAIC structure to get the best results, but before moving to it, you must know 6 Sigma complements its contribution with some principles:
- Focus on the client/customer and work hard.
- Find the problem, and then find a solution.
- Reduce bottlenecks and eliminate variations.
- Employee engagement can be increased.
- Flexibility and adaptability are key to success in the company.
LSS and its integration can best be described as a matter where the flow and situation dictate and not trying to make a strategy. You can decide if additional methods, practices, or resources are necessary for implementation.
This will allow you to understand a bit more about how LSS originated besides the previous information about the two main methodologies it combines:
- Lean principles and goals should be incorporated.
- Consider the Six Sigma goals, and adapt its tools.
- Kaizen had an influence on it. LSS is a way of addressing the need for competition and even adapts other Japanese methodologies focused on continuous improvement.
You will end up with a method that will not only focus on the above but also integrate the most important aspects to improve efficiency and results for all practitioners.
Why Do You Need Lean Six Sigma?
When considering hiring our services, this is the first question most clients ask. Of course, it is something we completely understand.
To help you understand why LSS is the best option, we encourage you to ask questions and share your doubts with us.
We want to remind you that LSS can be used for any of these parties:
- A company or business.
- A person who is looking for career advancement and wants to learn a valuable skill—or even more than one.
LSS for companies and businesses is about improving processes and making them more productive, as we’ve already discussed.
LSS might seem like a redundant method when there are other methods such as Six Sigma or Lean alone, but when you go over the benefits, you understand why it is better to implement a single methodology:
- Lean Six Sigma is a tool that can help you achieve both long-term and short-term goals.
- The cost and time required to hire the right people are lower.
- It allows you to solve problems and address other needs of your company.
- This helps you create a continuous improvement culture for your future success.
- It is available to all types of companies, regardless of their size, and even new industries besides manufacturing are implementing it.
What about those who wish to get trained for their own personal use?
If you are interested in learning it, you can increase your chances of success at work or college.
Although it will be mainly integrated into companies and businesses, this does not mean you cannot find more ways to utilize LSS. Regardless of what you do, experts must be well-trained and have many other skills that can be used in daily life and professional careers.
These are the main benefits of getting a better understanding of what you can expect:
- There are many career and college options.
- Have better job opportunities.
- Any industry or company can use your expertise.
- Learn how to manage teams and projects.
- Learn how to work under pressure.
- You will gain hands-on experience in quality management.
- Your curriculum will be enhanced.
- This methodology can help you build a career.
- Complementary training can be a great way for you to improve your skills or learn new ones at the job or company that interests you.
- Opt for higher salaries.
We Can Help You with LSS
We can help you select the right train belt or training level based on your needs and goals. This will allow you to achieve all your goals for your company, personal projects, or professional life without compromising your budget and time.
Based on your needs and desires, we can offer LSS training to your employees. Students in high school and college can also benefit from the practice and have their schools establish a program or request it for themselves individually.
Only one thing is required: that the client chooses a belt level to train in. These are the most important belts we train our clients in. If in doubt, our experts can offer more guidance:
- Yellow belt: This belt focuses on data collection, basic concepts, and principles. You will also learn the most important tools to help you perform small roles within LSS projects and in companies focused on manufacturing and other industries.
- Green belt: Six Sigma tools and Lean Six Sigma principles. How to apply them and advanced training to be able to work on large-scale projects is knowledge available. However, you need to be certified in the previous belt to opt for this one.
Anybody who has been trained in one of these belts can fill the vacancies or apply for other roles based on the possibilities and opportunities. However, one thing is missing: The LSS Belt Certification.
Our company can issue the certification for you. It will be recognized internationally and add more value than usual to your curriculum.
What are the requirements for being certified as an LSS?
- You must have previously completed one of the earlier training options, yellow belt or green belt.
- Pass the exam with at least 290 points on 400.
- We will issue certification if you meet the requirements. You can pass the exam to become certified, even if you have not received your training with us. It is important to show that you fully understand the methodology to the level based on the exam you want to take.
What Can You Learn from Our Experts?
Lean Six Sigma has many benefits that you can use in your own way, not just as part of the overall methodology.
However, there is more than just Sigma to make sure you succeed or that companies seek your help.
This is why we love to offer Leadership Excellence as one of our main services. It helps professionals and students learn how to lead teams, regardless of their size. They also learn more skills such as collaboration and time management.
Our workshops and sessions in Innovation Consulting have helped many companies and individuals improve their products, services, and ideas. This has allowed them to remain competitive in their industry or among their peers.
Contact us at Lean Six Sigma Curriculum Pros of Mobile so our team can help you access training and certification.